Lee & Associates NYC
A passionate and deeply committed New Yorker, Jim brings more than 30 years of real estate experience to his role of Sierra Real Estate (formerly Sierra Realty Corp.) president. Jim oversees all facets of Sierra's business including development and acquisitions, residential and commercial property management, leasing and sales brokerage and construction management.
As a real estate attorney with the law firm of Bachner, Tally, Misher, Brinberg & Polevoy, Jim represented Sierra Realty in all aspects of its real estate activities and in 1989, at the invitation of its principals, Jim joined the company as vice president. Eleven years later, in 2000, Jim assumed his current position as president of Sierra Real Estate. During his tenure at Sierra, Jim has engineered the growth of the company from a small real estate management firm to the full-service real estate company that it is today. In 2010, Jim's achievements were recognized by Real Estate Weekly where he was named one of its "Industry Leaders."
A strong believer in civic and community involvement, Jim demonstrates his commitment to New York and the real estate industry through his active leadership and involvement in numerous charitable and civic organizations by:
- Serving on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of The Community Housing Improvement Program, an advocacy organization of owners of rent-regulated housing.
- Serving on the Board of Housing New York PAC, a political action committee formed to support local elected officials who favor sensible housing legislation.
- Serving as the Chairperson of the New York Council for The Appleseed Foundation, a not-for-profit organization comprised of 16 justice centers around the United States and Mexico.
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the Afro Latin Jazz Alliance where Jim is currently spearheading its efforts to establish music programs in public schools throughout the South Bronx and in other underserved New York City communities.
- Serving on the Board of Directors of the Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts.
A graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison and the Boston University School of Law, Jim has authored numerous articles on various topics, lectured regularly at The Stephen L. Newman Real Estate Institute of Baruch College and the National Real Estate Conference, and has been featured as a keynote speaker at several real estate conferences in New York. Jim currently resides on the Upper East Side of Manhattan with his wife and two children.
Private content, login to view responses.